Finalists announced for Mo. Commissioner for Education
Five people remain for the job of the Missouri Commissioner for Education.
The State Board of Education narrowed the candidates during its December executive session meeting.
Current Commissioner of Education Chris Nicastro will retire Dec. 31.
Five individuals will interview with the board before making the final decision.
The finalists include:
- Terry Adams, former superintendent for Rockwood and Wentzville school districts
- Douglas Hayter, superintendent of Branson School District
- Charles Huff, superintendent of Joplin School District
- Norman Ridder, former superintendent of Springfield School District and current interim superintendent for Mehlville School District
- Margaret Vandeven, deputy commissioner of education, division of learning services and former assistant commissioner of the office of quality schools.